1. From the Apple menu, choose System Preferences.
2. Click the Network icon. Click the arrow box on the Configure pop-up
list and choose Internal Modem.
3. Click the closed lock in the lower left-hand corner of the window.
You will be asked to enter the administrator password.
4. Click OK.
5. Click on the TCP/IP tab. Next to Configure, select Using
6. Make sure there is nothing entered under DNS Servers and Search Domains.
7 . Click on the PPP tab. Enter your information into the appropriate
fields, using your SoCalFree.net username, password, and local dialup number (example below).
8. Click on the Modem tab. Next to Modem, select Apple
Internal 56K Modem (v.34) unless you are using an external modem..
9. Uncheck the box marked "Enable error correction and compression
in modem". The window should now look like the one shown below.
10. Click the open lock in the lower left-hand corner of the window
and apply configuration changes.
11. Close the Network window.